Friday 17 June 2011

I'm a Rocketman!

Today it's Friday, which is always quite an exciting day (or at least for me) as it heralds the end of the working week, and the start of the weekends fun and frolics - during which of course, music features very heavily!

Today however, is an exciting day because I have LOTS of new music for you!

First up is a track called Rocketman, by IllSkillz - click here to listen to a clip of this track, I'm sure you'll agree it's an absolute stormer! I'm on my third listen of the morning and I'm loving it more with each listen. If you want to get this for free, keep checking this site.


This next track is from a current favourite artist of mine, S.P.Y, and this track is included on both the upcoming Festival Drum and Bass compilation album from Hospital Records, and also on the four track vinyl promo that is available to buy at the moment. Click here to pre-order the compilation album, which looks to have some other stunning tracks featured on it. This track is called Turn the Lights Off, and it's got all the hallmarks of a great summer tune!


This next track is by N3gus, and is also featured on both the compilation album, and the vinyl sampler, and when you listen to it, you will see why!

I can't wait to hear the full album, it sounds like the perfect soundtrack to the summer.

This next link is to something a little bit different - I'm not religious, in fact I would go so far as to say that I am an atheist. However this hymn by Jenni Potts is absolutely gorgeous! She has such a beautiful voice, this made all the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Click here to listen.


Next up, this is Bop with Sunrain. This track is from his new album that came out recently which is a good listen all round - I love this track in particular for the gorgeous way in which it builds and progresses throughout the track. It has a gorgeous driving rhythym, and the layers of sound give it a gorgeous deep feel.


It's time for some more deep music now, this time with a studio mix from Felix of Hot Chip. This is the Grown Men House Mix, and is very enjoyable. Click here to listen and download. The above track is called Lima, by Sascha Sonido, and is just one example of the fantastic tunes included in this mix.


This next track is a new release from DJ Marky and S.P.Y, called Yellow Shoes - this is out on Chemical Records now, and sounds great.

The last track of the day is a remix by Feint, who has had a couple of tunes on my blog recently - this is a remix that he did for a competition, and despite this being fantastic, and receiving most votes, the judges chose another track as the final winner. Anyway, I'd definitely recommend listening to Feint's - you can download it by clicking here.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed the little selection that I have put together for you today, have a fantastic weekend and may the sun shine down wherever you are. (May it shine especially where I am, as we're meant to be having a BBQ!!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment