Wednesday 15 June 2011

As Sure as the World Spins...

As sure as the world spins, there will always be music, and as sure as blood flows through my veins, I will always be on the quest to find the perfect beat! Today, I have a few tracks I've discovered recently that come pretty close to that for one reason or another. I hope you enjoy these tracks, and if you want to stay up to date with my updates, click on the 'like' button on the right hand side of the page. :)


The first track for today is by Dr Syntax, and is called "As sure as the world spins" - this guy is a lyrical genious, and one of the few UK hiphop artists that I actually rate. Fantastic lyrics, and nice beats to back them up.


This is another track from Dr Syntax, called Hire Me, and this is just pure genious!! Love it! :)


Time for a track from a Leeds lad done good now - this is an absolutely gorgeous unsigned track from Loz Contreras called Love Life, and this is truly the type of dubstep that speaks to my soul! I, for one, am glad to see the back of the excessive vibrating wah-wah's everywhere you turned within this genre (see Beardymans latest Udderbelly video for a fuller explanation hehe!!), and am relieved to see some quality dubstep coming through again.


I've featured a track by Feint previously, and almost put it on again today as I have been enjoying it that much - however I decided to find a different track to include, for varieties sake. This is a VIP of the first drum and bass track that Feint did, and is called New Beginnings (VIP). If you enjoy this, then check out the more minimal 'Sleepless' if you haven't already, which is the track that I was originally going to include.


Another soulful and moving track from The Black Keys - this is called Unknown Brother, and it is incredibly touching.


This is a deep and melodic drum and bass track from Unquote and Molecular Structure, and is called Emo - this is very mellow and chilled out, and really enjoyable.


The next track is an absolutely gorgeous remix of an already great track from State of Mind. The remix is by Neonlight, the track is called Three Dimensions, and this is fantastic!


I am loving State of Mind at the moment, and can definitely recommend that you check out their recent studio album, Nil by Ear which was released earlier this year. This second track from them is another that is featured on theri Nil by Ear remix EP - this is Vega, from State of Mind and P Digsss remixed by Chris.Su. Love it!!



The last track of today is a remix from Koan Sound, of a tune called Promises by Andain. The vocal sends shivers down my spine, this is simply delicious - this is available now on the Promises EP from Black Hole Recordings.

No comments:

Post a Comment