Monday 29 August 2011

Bank Holidays - Living the Dream!

This bank holiday weekend for me has been a mix of ace drum and bass, lots of band music, some nice relaxation courtesy of Massive Attack and Primal Scream, some gorgeous breakbeat, and lots and lots of dancing around the living room!

I've cobbled together the best bits of the weekend, and put it in one place for you to enjoy!


First up, we have a fab little remix from Lenzman that was out earlier this year on Demand Records - this is Xiphactinus, and the original was by Heavy1. I saw Lenzman on Friday night, at a great little night in Leeds called Momentum. Stone and Dub Phizix were both epic as well, there were some great tunes played and had myself a nice little boogie to start the weekend! Momentum is definitely worth checking out if you're local to Leeds.


Next up, check out this EP forthcoming on Immuir Records in October, by Digital Mafia. The first track of these EP, Hooked On (So in Love) is absolutely stunning, the other tracks are great as well, and I can't wait to see what else Digital Mafia has in store in the future!


Next up, this is a recent release from Chaney, who continues to produce stunning tracks across a range of genres. This track, Dub and Bass, is part of the second EP released on his new label Pressure Digital. Check out the rest of the tracks and spread the word!

Another new label promising good things is the Insomniacz Digital label. Insomniacz is a well established brand within the hard dance scene, and it is about time they branched out into releasing their trademark sounds in addition to the great events they put on. The first release on this label includes a track by Jon BW, called Oh Yeah - click here to listen. I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us!

Time for a couple of mixes for you now that have literally had me dancing round the living room today!


First up, some ace breakbeat / dubstep / bass music from Afghan Headspin - thoroughly enjoyable! This is a live DJ set that was recorded in July, and after listening to this I'm crossing my fingers that I can check him out in person real soon! Click here to listen to the mix and download! The track above is from this mix, and is Foreign Beggars - Still Gettin It, featuring Skrillex.


The NeoSignal podcasts are among my favourite, and I have been eagerly awaiting the next installation of this. So imagine my delight when I saw this in my incoming tracks this afternoon - this is definitely worth the wait, with some great new tracks from the talented guys over at NeoSignal. Click here to listen and get your bass face at the ready! The track above is Basic Memory by Phace, out now on NeoSignal Records. Enjoy!

In a few weeks, Firefarm will be returning to Leeds to play at a new breakbeat night called Disorder. If you haven't seen these guys yet, then make sure you get tickets and get yourself down there! Click here to check out what they're all about, and make sure that you don't miss out.


I'm finishing today on a totally chilled out vibe, with an absolute all time classic from Massive Attack. This is Unfinished Sympathy, and I'm sure you will agree that it is a perfect note on which to end the last bank holiday weekend of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment