Wednesday 31 August 2011

It's a Podcast Party!

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE podcasts - my favourite DJ's / Producers / Record Labels all releasing regular mixes, containing fab new releases? Yes Please!!

Today, I am going to link you to some of my favourites, as usual across a range of genres. If you listen to any other good ones that I haven't included, please get in touch with the details, as I am always looking for new sources of fresh sounds!

First up, it's the Hospital Records podcast. They always have new releases, and exclusives that haven't been heard yet anywhere else, and the live show that was broadcast on YouTube for the 150th podcast was lots of fun and highly enjoyable! These have been around for a while, so you've probably come across them already - however if you're not in the know go check them out! Click here for more info!

The State of Mind Next Level Podcast is another one of my favourites, some awesome tunes, nice rolling beats - definitely worth checking out! Click here for their soundcloud page!

Click here to check out the Subtitles Podcast, mixed by the likes of Teebee and Ulterior Motive. Again, these are fantastic, and have been played many times over the past few months - I am eagerly awaiting the next installment of this at the moment!

The Technique Recordings podcast is my next pick, and again, this has been played by myself and shared to my friends many times over the past few months. The Tantrum Desire one is probably my favourite, but they are all really good! Click here to check this out.

It is only earlier this week that the NeoSignal podcast released their latest edition, and although I did share it on my blog, I can't really do a podcast edition without mentioning it, as it is one of the best out there. Perfect deep Drum and Bass vibes, I love it! Click here to enjoy this one - mixed by the likes of Phace and Misanthrop, great stuff!

Time for something a bit harder now, with the Barcode Filthcasts - mixed by the likes of The Teknoist, DJ Hidden, Counterstrike and BKey, these should certainly wake you up! Click here for this podcast archive.

Next up, we have the Bad Taste Recordings podcasts, mixed by Blokhe4d - click here to listen to these. (You will need to browse through the soundcloud page to find them all, worth the effort though!)

Next for your listening pleasure, we have the Critical Music podcasts - again, definitely worth checking these out! Click here to explore these more! 

The last Drum and Bass one for today is the Lifted Music podcast, with Spor and Chris Renegade - epic! Click here to listen to this one! 

There are many more excellent Drum and Bass podcasts, but I am going to leave it there for today, otherwise there won't be room for the rest of the ones I have to share with you!

Toolroom Records is a record label at the forefront of the House and Tech House music scene, and their monthly podcasts brought to us by Mark Knight are all definitely worth subscribing to! Click here to listen and subscribe.

Now I have two fantastic Techno podcasts for you, both from the Umek stable, both really really good! First up is the 1605 podcast, which brings you the sounds of the 1605 Music Therapy record label started by Umek a few years ago now - a particular favourite of mine from this is the Spektre edition. Click here to give these a listen. Then next up, we have the Behind the Iron Curtain series, which is an hour long radio show mixed by Umek himself. Click here to enjoy these bad boys!

One of the best and most groundbreaking podcast series I've come across is the Electronic Explorations series, mixed by Rob Booth. These cover a whole range of genres, and give air time to some of the more underground and experimental cutting edge producers out there. It may take you a long time to get through all of these, but if you're open minded, and into giving new sounds a try, then this site is definitely worth a look! Click here for the podcast archive.

There are many more that are worth checking out, notably the Knowledge magazine podcast series, the FACT magazine series, the Sigma Life Recordings podcast (again, for which I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment!), the Respekt podcast, and the Med School Data Transmission amongst many many more! However I'm not going to inundate you with any more links, as the ones I have already linked you to should keep you going for many many hours of music listening!

Remember, please send me details of any other podcasts you enjoy that I haven't mentioned, and if you enjoy the links I've given you, please share these with like minded friends - music is all about sharing those beats after all! Happy listening people!

No comments:

Post a Comment