Friday 26 August 2011

Guest Blog: Music From Adz

 This weeks guest blog is brought to you by my friend Adz - today, we have a selection of tracks for you today in a slightly different vein to those I tend to post myself. However, that is the whole point of this guest blog series - I'm giving other people a chance to share the music that they are passionate about, to give a more well rounded overview rather than just my own opinions. I hope that you enjoy this, and tune in next week for the next in the guest blog series!

Guest Blog: Music From Adz

Any one that knows me at all will be able to tell you about my love of hard house - I discovered this when I went to uni, and studied in Birmingham, and soon became a weekly regular at nights like Sundissential and Insomniacz. Although I don’t go out anywhere near as regularly these, I still have the same passion and love for it twelve years later that I had at the start!
                       
I’ve been lucky enough to have collected some amazing memories during this time - one that I remember as if it was just yesterday is walking into Sundissential North in Leeds as the breakdown for the following song started… I knew instantly that it was going to be an amazing night, and if asked what my all time favourite hard house tune is, this will always be my answer.
This is the greatest hard house tune of all time… Tony de Vit – I don’t care

 
This next track is a more recent example of what I love about hard house - this is a song that just makes me smile and want to dance… all you can ask of a tune really!
This is Munkjack – Often imitated, never duplicated

 My favourite DJ and biggest influence in hard house has always been Paul Glazby… to pick one song by him would be impossible, so instead, I’m going to cheat and give you a link to a live set recorded at Insomniacz. I would also recommend listening to his cd from the One from the hardbox album - this is possibly the greatest hard house mix ever made.

Click here to listen.

My next choice is by my good friend Robbie Muir, who has been on fire lately - so much so in fact, that I've nicknamed him Mr Midas - the man with the golden touch!... I'm a sucker for a decent piano loop, and this tune certainly has that and more... Another song that makes me smile and want to dance.

Click here to listen.

I have also been listening to a lot more drum and bass recently, and this following song was probably the first dnb song to catch my attention properly, and inspire me to start learning about different artists and labels. It takes an incredible voice from a pop song and makes it into something so much more - sit back and enjoy Adele – Hometown Glory (High Contrast remix).
 

Since my initial experience of drum and bass, I have discovered the DJ’s on the Hospitality label; my personal favourite of these is at the moment is Netsky. This tune not only is an amazing song, but the video is quality as well, I have watched it countless times so far and not got bored of it. I would also highly recommend Netsky’s album out on Hospitality records, I’ve had it on repeat in my car since I got it… and I rarely keep any CD’s in my car for long, so that’s testimony enough. This is Netsky with Iron Heart.



My final choice is also by Netsky, and probably my favourite tune of the moment… Essex has been inflicted with this very loudly of late… Here I’ll leave you with Netsky – Moving with you featuring Jenna G


Thanks for reading, Hope you’ve enjoyed reading and listening as much as I enjoyed doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment