Tuesday 14 June 2011

Oh what a Glorious Day!

It's so hot outside, glorious sunshine shining everywhere, but I'm still totally lacking in a suntan as the only way I get to see the sunshine is out of our third floor office windows grrrr!! Still, at least today we have been quite entertained by three young chavs caught interfering with the office bike shed, who claimed they were looking for a warehouse - if they can confuse a warehouse with a bike shed, then I have given up hope for the future of our country! 


So anyway, enough of that for now - to help you make the most of the sunshine, and take your mind off the fact our country is going to the dogs, here are some delicious sounds for you to enjoy.



I first came across LOL a short while ago, and since then I have found a multitude of really enjoyable tracks from them. This first one is called Face Me, and it's simply gorgeous! 


This second track from LOL is called White Noise - this is a really gorgeous and haunting track, very melodic, I love it.


The last one from LOL for today is called Quarter Life Crisis - I'm actually a few years past this now, although I do think I went a little crazy in my mid twenties so I can fully relate to this haha!


Personally, I like this track as a few people commonly refer to me as a music pusher, for my insistence that they listen to new stuff that I find haha - it is also a fantastic track, which certainly helps! This is called "She's my pusher" by The Crystal Method. 


The above link actually features clips of four different tracks that are all included on the Foreplay EP, which is due to be released by Tantrum Desire in about a month on the Technique Recordings label - I absolutely cannot wait for this EP! All of the tunes on this sound 'Big' as the kids would say!! Fantastic stuff, really energetic rolling drum and bass, love it! 


Time for a trip down memory lane next, with an absolute blinder of a track from Photek - this was released in 1995, but is truly timeless and still sounds fresh today. This is so beautiful and melodic, and really chilled out, and I simply love the vibe of this track. 


It's almost time to finish up for today, and now I'm moving to an even more chilled out laidback vibe with a bit of bluesy rock music from The Black Keys, with "I'm not the one". These are absolutely gorgeous, and have been pumping out of my stereo fairly often recently. Perfect music for lazy summer evenings! 


This is the last track of the day, and it's yet another soulful summer scorcher from The Black Keys - this is called Too Afraid to Love You, which I'm sure is a sentiment that we've all been able to relate to at one point or another. This is simply delicious, I could lose myself in the bluesy guitar and the gorgeous voice of the lead singer! Fantastic! 

I hope you've enjoyed todays selections, I'll be back soon with some more aural delights for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment