Thursday 24 March 2011

Under the Sheets

I've got a complete mix of tunes picked out for you today - in my eyes they are all real feel good tunes for one reason or another, and hopefully will have you smiling by the end of the afternoon! Enjoy!


To start you off today, I've got a tune that I absolutely loved last summer - I think Ellie Goulding has a fab voice, although I'm not a huge fan of her tracks as I find the music a bit wishy washy. However her voice does convert really well to a lot of the bass heavy music that I enjoy, and this Jakwob remix of Under the Sheets is awesome. Yes it might be dubstep, but it's not over the top, it's a really well made track, and it reminds me of summertime vibes which is just what you need to get you in the mood for a weekend!! (And I know it's only Thursday, but I've got a long weekend of music in Wales starting tomorrow so I've got the Friday feeling a day early!)


This next track is a Netsky remix of a Rusko tune - when I saw the name of it in a tracklist for a show I was listening to I was immediately intrigued, as I do really like Netsky. I have to say though that this wasn't what I was expecting it all, I am really impressed with it though! It's a lot less liquid than the type of tracks we have come to expect from the Belgian legend that is Netsky; it's quite a dark drumstep tune and I think it's fantastic! It has a certain something about it that can definitely be recognised as the hallmark of a Netsky tune, and I have to say that it's an absolute banger of a tune! Turn up the volume and enjoy!



This next track is one I've only recently heard, it's great Drum and Bass though, and I really like the vocal. This is quite banging, and again it has a great summery vibe, it's just fantastic!


This next track was included on Break's album, which was released on Symmetry at the end of last year. This single is to be released shortly, and it's simply ace - that bass!! Phwoar! And the vocal makes my spine tingle! I heard this on Crissy Criss's drum and bass show last night on 1xtra (I've included a link below to listen to the show as it was awesome this week - simply tune after tune after tune which is what I love!) and I was thoroughly blown away by it. Just superb, I'm definitely going to make listening to Break's album a priority over the next few days. Also, I absolutely loved bright lights, which was a massive tune last year from Die and Interface, and I've a feeling that this tune from Die and Break is going to be a firm new favourite!

(PS you need to have decent speakers or headphones to fully appreciate the bass on this, and don't forget to turn the volume up!)

I did have a full list of tracks that I put together last nights for todays blog, however listening to the Crissy Criss mix completely threw my list out of the window. (The list of tracks to be included in future posts is getting longer by the day as well, rather than shorter!) :) Anyway, Click here to listen to last nights show, the tracklist is awesome - Racknruin is an incredible producer as well, his guest mix is great. He plays future jungle, and includes some great jungle classics, and then also some of his own fresh tracks. Junglist Massive!!

I'm only going to include another couple of tracks for now, the rest I had planned will have to wait until another day haha! ;)

So the last couple of tracks today are both from The Freestylers; I've been into these for years now, and a lot of their tracks have really good memories for me - I've enjoyed their live performances, and also DJ sets, and love the way that they truly cross genres, and take inspiration from wider musical influences.


This first one has a proper dirty electro style bass in it which sounds awesome on a big system - also those of you with keen ears may recognise the similarity of the melody in this track to Ludovico Einaudi's "Divenire" which is an incredibly moving piece by a very talented modern composer


This is one of my all time favourite Freestylers tracks, and its just pure filth! It is perfect for hot summer evenings, dancing with your hands in the air on a terrace outside a busy bar, with a warm summer breeze blowing over your skin. It is the perfect tune to hear during the course of an evening out to set the tone for later on in the night haha! This is guaranteed to put a smile on my face, and is a proper happy summertime tune for me at any rate.

Well, I hope you've enjoyed today's selection, don't forget to check out the Crissy Criss show as it really was good this week!! I've got a busy weekend, but I'm hoping to sign on each day with a review of the stuff we get up to, and what tunes are big for us this weekend, so keep tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment