Friday 27 May 2011

Bring me Sunshine...

This weekend we have the last in our springtime bank holiday weekends, and I'm sure that everyone has lots of fun and madness planned to help keep them entertained! I've got everything crossed for us to actually see the start of this heatwave we've been hearing so much about, but in the event that it fails to turn up as usual, here are some scorching summertime tracks - new and old - to get you in a sunny mood for the 3 day weekend!


First up, this is a gorgeous tech house track - this remix is by Jamie Jones; he's also one half of Hot Natured, who featured on a recent blog entry with their summer time smasher "Forward Motion". This track is called "Hungry for the Power", and it's absolutely gorgeous! Stick this on, turn up the volume and even if its raining outside, you'll still feel like you're in heaven.


The next track we have is from DJ Fresh - this was included on his Kryptonite album, which was released last summer, but isn't as well known as some of the other tracks on there. However it is fantastic, I love the vocal, and it has a really nice vibe to it.


Netsky tunes always make me think of summer, and although this one is from autumn last year, it still evokes those summertime feelings - this is a remix of a Plan B track, and it has all the hallmarks of Netsky's best tracks, along with great vocals from Plan B himself.


This next track is an absolutely stunning remix from Bachelors of Science, a duo from the States who remixed this track by The XX. This is absolutely beautiful, it sounds so melodic and ambient, I love the way it builds, and the vocal is gorgeous. This is fantastic, perfect for those lazy hot summer nights! (If we ever get any!)


I have featured tracks by the next producer on my blog previously when I first discovered him - since then, I've seen his name everywhere, usually plastered all over tunes that are awesome! This is a remix by Enei, of a tune called Falling.


Next up, this is a bit of a flashback to an old favourite that I was reminded of earlier this week. I do like the original of this tune, but this version by Tobi Neumann is incredible. This is Acid in my Fridge - enjoy!!


I've been loving S.P.Y at the moment, and this collaboration with Marcus Intalex just continues my love affair with his tracks - this is some serious summertime stuff right here! Fantastic, and out now on the Soul:R label.


The last individual track I have for you was included on the latest Sigma podcast, and when you listen to it, you can tell why. This is D Kay and Intoxicated with A Thinner Edge - it's absolutely gorgeous and just perfect for summer! It is so soulful and euphoric, absolutely gorgeous!!

To finish off for today, click here to go to a SoundCloud page where you can download Chase and Status live at the One Big Weekend, sets from Bailey, S.P.Y and DJ Storm at the Bass Relief fundraiser for the Japanese earthquake victims, and some other gems. This should keep you busy all weekend! :)

Have a good one everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment